CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Amber and I have been looking for someone else to run with us so that in case one of us is sick or can't run, we still have a running buddy. Luckily, she knows someone at her church who wants to start running. So, Heather joined us this morning. We left at 5:30 a.m. and Heather did the first 3.2 miles or so with us. Amber and I intended on running about 4 miles today, but when I got home I mapped our run, and saw we ended up doing 5 miles! I love it when that happens. =)

Onto race day...I can't remember if I wrote on here or not about how we are looking for a 1/2 marathon that takes place on a Saturday. There aren't too many options out there...I found one that's on Jan. 17th, and although I think I could be ready by then, that particular race is in Pacifica, and has a large elevation gain during the race. After last week's hill experience and the pain that ensued when we were done, we decided it may not be the best choice for my first 1/2 marathon. There is one on May 2nd in Sacramento, and although I didn't really want to wait that long to do the race, at least now I'll have plenty of time to get my mileage up and get some speedwork done. Plus, weather will hopefully not be an issue. I set up a new 16-week training program at Runner's World that seems pretty good.

I really need to get some new running shoes, and could order a pair just like my current ones online, but I really would like something a little different. Guess I'll have to make a trip into Fleet Feet soon...I don't want to have to buy another pair before race day in May, so I don't want to do it too soon...

2 comments:

J said...

Hope you find a half marathon to run! They are really fun!

Robin said...

Hope you find a 1/2 marathon that works for you (and is flat...I've heard it's best to go flat for the first one). Hey you could always come to Canada and run the 1/2 with me on May 3 LOL