CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sometimes I surprise myself...

Today Amber and I ran a *beautiful* route up in Newcastle off of Ridge Road. I mapped our run when I got home on MapMyRun and we did 9.1 miles! We did a loop out and back, and the first 1/2 was great. On the way back, though, it was mostly uphill, and I seriously got my bum kicked. I felt bad that I had to ask Amber to walk 4 or 5 times...I need to do more hill running. I am *not* used to it! It ended up taking us around and hour and 45 minutes...not too bad, but quite a bit slower than our normally under-10-minute-mile. Chris was SO sweet and drove out to drive by and cheer us on. After he drove past us, he turned around to head home. About 10 minutes later, though, I spotted them sitting out in lawn chairs and in the van cheering us on! I needed that boost, and I was just so touched that he would care enough to come cheer me on!

I took a few pictures with my phone, and I wish they did the view justice. It was a gorgeous morning for a run...perfect weather and the scenery just reminded me how thankful I should be to be alive and to have the opportunity to enjoy the amazing landscape the Lord blesses us with...






0 comments: